THE BEST BLIZZARD STORIES CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Best Blizzard Stories Contest (the "Contest") is open to anyone who is at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Digital Monument Press LLC, Shacknews, Gamefly and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Judges's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Digital Monument Press LLC, P.O. Box 35094, Canton, OH 44735.
3. Timing: Registration for the Contest begins on November 9, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on November 11, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the "Registration Period"). Entrants may earn Contest entries as set forth in Section 4 below. Shacknews's server and time stamp solution is the official time keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Registration Period, visit http://www.shacknews.com. Register as a Shacknews user, and submit a story of up to 300 words describing your most memorable Blizzard story in the comments section of the Shacknews.com article entitled "Give us your best Blizzard stories; win a copy of Stay Awhile and Listen". Stories cannot exceed 300 words and must be submitted in English. Only stories about Blizzard Entertainment and Blizzard North games will be eligible. Entry is limited to one story per participant. All entries are the property of Sponsor. By entering the competition, participants hereby assign absolutely the copyright and all other rights in the entry for the full period of the copyright. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries are subject to Shacknews and Gamefly rules, eligibility, and guidelines. In the event of any inconsistency between these Official Rules and any Shacknews and Gamefly rules or guidelines, these Official Rules shall prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.
5. Selection of Contest Winner(s): Shacknews.com editors and Sponsor's editors (collectively, the "Judges") whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner(s) are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Judges will select the potential Contest winner(s) from all eligible entries received during the Registration Period, on or around November 16, 2012. The potential winner(s) will be notified by Shacknews.com's private message system or email within fourteen (14) days after the completion of the Contest. Each potential Grand Prize winner and Runner-up will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential Grand Prize winner or Runner-up is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Contest prizes will be fulfilled on the day of Stay Awhile and Listen's (the "Book") release. Book release date to be determined.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) digital copy of the Book on either the iBooks, Kindle, or Nook platforms. Winner will have his/her story submission included in Book. FIVE (5) RUNNERS-UP: Runner-up entries will be displayed in an online gallery on any or all of Sponsor's websites. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
For all Prizes: Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a Contest prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Registration Period. TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV") OF ALL PRIZES: $9.99.
7. Participant Obligations: By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete at the time of submission. It is the sole responsibility of all participants to ensure that his/her details and e-mail address are accurate, and that Sponsor is informed of any changes to these. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any changes which are not properly notified from the time of submission of a participant's entry to the time of notification that the prize has been awarded.
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Judges, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time, and if Sponsor does so, Sponsor will publish the amendment on the relevant competition page.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to choose another winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a choosing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Ohio State Court located in Stark County, Ohio U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
13. Contest Results: For a list of major prize winner(s) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of "Request for Tails of Fresh Meat Contest Official Rules". Winner list requests must be received by November 30, 2012.
© 2012 Digital Monument Press LLC. All rights reserved.